#Miami

This fall, the University of Miami will be featuring a course centered around Taylor Swift

todayMay 5, 2024

Background
share close

Exciting news for Florida-based Swifties! Several colleges, including the University of Miami, are now offering courses on Taylor Swift. Among these is an elective titled “The Mastermind of the Taylor Swift Brand,” slated for the upcoming fall semester. This course goes beyond music, delving into the integral role of social media in shaping and expanding Swift’s billion-dollar empire.

Students enrolled will dissect Swift’s strategic approaches in captivating a worldwide audience and fostering enduring brand loyalty. They’ll explore her storytelling prowess, examining how her lyrics resonate with fans through shared experiences. Additionally, they’ll analyze Swift’s personal journey, discussing topics such as privacy rights for public figures and the proliferation of misinformation.

Enrollment for this strategic communications class, taught by associate professor Dr. Alyse Renee Lancaster, opened recently. Dr. Lancaster, the brains behind the course, drew inspiration from listening to Swift’s music during her workouts. She expressed immense enthusiasm for this teaching opportunity, highlighting it as a career highlight.

The course welcomes students from all majors, not just Swift aficionados. Even those unfamiliar with her music stand to gain insights into her unparalleled ability to market her brand.

While UM is at the forefront, other universities are also jumping on board. Institutions like the University of South Florida and the University of Florida are recognizing the academic value in studying Swift’s enduring impact and career trajectory.

Written by: DJ

0%